The Washington Internship Institute, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing college students with unparalleled experiential learning opportunities, is hiring an Admissions Coordinator.
The mission of the Washington Internship Institute is to foster students' intellectual, personal, and professional development through individually tailored, quality internships and challenging academic coursework that take full advantage of the opportunities available in the nation's capital and reflect the best practices of experiential learning and liberal education.
As the Admissions Coordinator, you will be a vital member of our team, promoting our program to students in person and online. We offer a supportive work environment that is also inspiring, as our students learn and grow during their experience in the nation's capital. You also have the opportunity to travel to meet a diverse group of students from a wide array of higher education institutions around the country.
Summary of Duties
- Meets enrollment goals established in coordination with the President through effective and responsive communication with campus contacts and prospective students and targeted campus visits to recruit prospective students and maintain campus contacts
- Processes all prospective student and scholarship applications
- Tracks and reports on relevant data
- Coordinates social media strategy, presence, and advertisements
- Assists with the design and maintenance of promotional materials, including print and online media
- Coordinates the Alumni Ambassador program and assists with alumni outreach
- Consistently reviews the recruitment strategy and admissions process and proposes changes to improve efficacy and efficiency
- Assists with recruitment of new institutional partners
- Assists with intern placement
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in higher education admissions or enrollment services
- Commitment to higher education and experiential learning
- Strong verbal communication skills with a flair for public speaking
- Excellent writing skills, including stellar proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail and managing logistics
- Ability to travel approximately 4 months out of the year and make all travel arrangements
- Enthusiasm for providing students with exceptional professional development experiences
- Proven ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficiency with social media for business purposes
- Proficiency with a CRM system and/or database software
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Docs, Ads, and other apps
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to [email protected] with "Admissions Coordinator" in the subject line. No calls, please. Due to the large volume of applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the Washington Internship Institute.